Tuscan Yoga and Meditation Retreat
June 24 to July 1, 2017
LAST CHANCE! Book before May 11 and save $200!
Join me and the lovely Andrea Jones, from Videri Health, in Italy and turn the ordinary into something extraordinary.
Indulge in seven days in the heart of Tuscany, immersing yourself in meditation, yoga, beautiful hillside country views, and fresh food.
During your week soaking up the Italian sunshine, enjoy life at your own pace: unwind, relax, and refresh your spirit. We will begin each day with a grounding meditation and a rejuvenating Hatha yoga practice before breakfast and end the day with a calming, restorative meditation and yoga practice in the evening. What you do in between, is up to you.
Spend your days by the pool, walking the countryside, or enjoy a massage. Included in your week is a day-trip to the medieval mountain village of Barga in the Garfagnana mountains with a private guide and an evening trip to Pietrasanta artist village. Of course, no trip to Italy is complete without a wine tasting excursion. Other activities such as a bike and walking tour of Lucca or a Puccini recital in Lucca are also available at an additional charge.
Il Borghino means “small village”. Located just 10km from the medieval city of Lucca, Il Borghino is situated in a secluded setting in a hill top position with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance. It is comprised of three guest buildings, L’Olivo or hub, a place to gather during the day, enjoy meals, and of course, practice yoga and meditation. The centre also has a salt-water swimming pool, jacuzzi, and a Turkish Sauna for your use during the retreat.
There are a variety of rooms that are light and airy with fabulous views from every window. Rooms will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Please note prices are listed in Canadian dollars.
Twin room with shared bathroom:
$2,400 SALE PRICE: $2200
Twin room with private bathroom:
$2,600 SALE PRICE: $2400
Single room with private bathroom:
$2,800 SALE PRICE: $2600
The retreat menu is vegetarian and all meals are prepared by Maria Angela, a wonderful local cook. The deliciously fresh dishes are based on what is in season and the region’s specialties. The food is sourced from local producers and wherever possible, organic grains, fruit and vegetables are used. The drinking water is fresh and pure, coming directly from a spring. Gluten free and other special dietary requirements can be accommodated upon request.
- 7 nights accommodation (Saturday to Saturday)
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily (except lunch when you are on the Garfagnana trip and dinner on the Pietrasanta trip)
- Meditation and yoga twice daily
- Day trip to Barga and the Garfagnana
- Evening trip to Pietrasanta Artists village
- Group transfer between Lucca and Il Borghino at the beginning and end of the retreat
- Use of pool, Jacuzzi, Turkish sauna and all facilities on villa grounds
- Yoga mats and props
- WiFi in common room of main house
- Laundry facilities
What’s Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Airport transfer or transfer outside the scheduled pick-up and drop-off
- Meals during the excursions to Barga and Pietrasanta
- Optional excursions and activities
- Massages and other holistic treatments
- Other travel-related expenses
Full payment is required by May 11, 2017. To reserve your space or ask any questions, please fill out the form below. Payment can be made by cheque or e-transfer.